Saturday, January 5, 2013

Sephora Mini Heated Lash Curler Review


OMG OMG !!!
It is my pleasure to announce the new love of my life that came walking into my life in the form of a battery operated "pink" heated eyelash curler .
I have been looking for the ultimate eye lash curler for my oriental lashes.
My eyelashes are - straight and stubborn when it comes to curling them.
The mechanical ones i have tried so far have all let me down.

So i was thinking of buying the Shu uemura curler .
But i read mixed reviews about it esp when it comes to oriental eyes.
(says its difficult to curl the inner most corner lashes and the curvature doesn't suit Oriental eyes)
Left with no option i was sure i would never meet the curler of my dreams
 (*i'm starting to sound love-struck *) lol

I bought the Sephora mini heated lash curler during my first visit to Sephora without reading any reviews.
And i'm so glad i did.
Because many people have bad reviews about it which i'm sure would have made me change my mind .
Without further delay, here is the review of the "PINK" wonder.



PACKAGE-


It is only about 3 inches long and thumb size wide.
A black matte body with a neon pink back and cover.
The back accommodates the mini battery.
The Heating element is U-shaped with coils around it.
The temperature is just right to curl the lashes.
(No,its not hot like many of you must be dreading)

WHAT IT IS:


A travel-size heated eyelash curler.

WHAT IT DOES:


Keep your lashes looking lovely, even on the go, with the Sephora Brand Mini Heated Eyelash Curler. 
This handy little tool is perfect for curling stubborn straight lashes, anytime, anywhere.

WHAT ELSE YOU  NEED TO KNOW:


Designed to be used after mascara application, this curler gently warms the waxes in mascara,
 resulting in a stronger, longer-lasting curl.
 Simply turn on, wait 15 seconds, place the comb directly onto lash line above lashes,
 gently lift and comb (don't wiggle) lashes into the desired shape (as you would with a mascara brush),
 hold for one or two seconds, then release.
 Repeat across lashline until the desired effect is achieved.
 For extra impact, place at tips of lashes, gently push up and back, hold for 2-3 seconds, then release.




Before

After

I applied 2 coats of Etude HOUSE volumecara on my lashes before curling.
The Mini heated lash curler melts away the clumps and gives a really beautiful natural curls to my lashes.


PROS-


1.Very cute package
2.Travel friendly
3.Removes clumps from mascaras by melting it.
4.Gives a very natural big wavey curl to the lashes which i have not experienced with any other mechanical  lash curler
5.It helps in curling even the innermost corner lashes.
6.The curl lasts whole day !!!

CONS-


1.Non availabilty maybe an issue
2.I'm scared the melted mascaras will clog the mini heating coils.
3. Very time consuming process.
You need lotsa patience (but its totally worth it)
Not preferred if you are in a hurry.
4.A bit on the expensive side.
5.Some people may not be comfortable using heat on their lashes.

PRICE- Rs.1200 (about $22)


WHERE TO BUY- Sephora outlets.



I am absolutely in love with this one.

WOULD YOU TRY HEATED LASH CURLER?



39 comments:

  1. OMG u hav so much courage to use this phil..i can never even imagine..very cute before n after piccys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva Carbonell de SwanJanuary 5, 2013 at 8:58 AM

    Interesting! I've also got stubborn straight lashes that never curl, so I'd like to give it a try. In the past I've had my lashed permed and curled-which is great for special occasions but won't last more than 3 months maximum-and Maybelline xxl with the white conditioner on one end and the mascara on the other. That is one of the few mascaras that actually works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa!!! this works.. this works... !! lucky u..!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had read about this, but I am not taking a heating apparatus anywhere near my eyes!! Looks scary !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review...gud u found ur dream curler...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see, yo're totally into it =3
    I thing I would be afraid to use something heaten on my lashed, but I have to admit: the curls look great!
    Additionally I hav never seen something like this around öÖ

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha.. me too first time using heated lash curler :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. the maybelline one is not available in india.
    but i will look out for that <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehe yay!!! paisa wasool lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha that s what i thot.
    but i couldnt resist the temptation

    ReplyDelete
  11. i know!! finally!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yea,its the first time i heard abt it too.
    bought it impulsively.
    the curls look very natural :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes, you shld try

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg..love the after effect..it looks so natural !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So it has a battery! :D I was thinking maybe you have to charge it or something :D *facepalm*
    I loved the way it totally changed the lashes.

    Great item, if i'm not afraid :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG it has made a dramatic difference to your lashes!! I am gonna get it soon:D

    Hey I am your new follower here :) Would love it if you stop by at my blog and join me on GFC :)
    xoxo
    Ankita
    http://makeupstyleandsugar.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  17. i don't need it cause my lashes are curly enough! but i like the result on you! a bit pricey but it totally worth it. i would love to see if it will works after a long use!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you like this product. I've tried something like this before and I'm really not comfortable with the heat being so close to my eyes! So for now I'll stick to the traditional eyelash curler. xx


    pinkydiamonds.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow i never tried a heated mascara before but it looks very promising! Thanks for the review :)

    YURI
    http://twothousandthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. would love to try this. This is something which really excites me :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. exactly my thots <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. it needs a little getting used to <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. will drop by dear <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. will let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. n i eny long curly lashes!

    ReplyDelete
  26. hehe..
    which one you tried?

    ReplyDelete
  27. thank you yuri for dropping by :)
    im glad you liked the review <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. you should definitely try this.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The fact that the curl last whole day is really promising! But m not really sure if I wanna apply heat to my lashes!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow I just know this tool from your blog
    fabulous... Sephora Mini greatly facilitate for women..
    would love to try this
    keep update review, dear ^^

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good review, but I also have Asian eyelashes... I think my mechanical one gives better curl, but the curl doesn't last for more than 2 hours. So, mixed feelings!

    ReplyDelete
  32. doesn't it give damage toyour eyelashes for longterm usage??

    ReplyDelete
  33. Haven't tried this but your lashes look great. :)

    ReplyDelete